This savoury vegetarian pie mixes soft ricotta cheese with fresh baby spinach on a bed of crunchy puff pastry and is not only delicious, it’s also easy to make!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (IT’S FREEEEEE 😉 http://bit.ly/SubscribetoVP
Share it with your best friends on FACEBOOK
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/SpinachRicottaPieRecipe
Check out my website for full #recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
RICOTTA AND SPINACH PIE
2 sheets of puff pastry (thawed out or fresh)
500g fresh ricotta
120g baby spinach (chopped)
2 x eggs
Salt & Pepper
Oil spray (Or baking paper to line the baking dish)
Round pie dish
1 x sharp knife
1 x fork
Large mixing bowl
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Put the ricotta into the bowl and begin to break it down using a fork.
3. Add chopped baby spinach and a generous handful of grated pecorino cheese.
4. Mix together well and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a touch of nutmeg.
5. Add an egg and mix together once again.
6. Once the ingredients are mixed and the filling looks much creamier, it is ready.
7. Line a baking dish with one sheet of puff pastry and prick the bottom of it using a fork so it helps it to cook through.
8. Fill it using the ricotta mixture and even it out as much as you can using a spatula.
9. Cover the pie with another sheet of puff pastry, angling it so that the edges cover any gaps.
10. Create a crust by gently folding down the edges and joining the two layers together.
11. Press down around the edges using the teeth of a fork.
12. Beat an egg lightly in a small cup and add a drop of water.
13. Brush the egg mix over the top of the pie using a pastry brush.
14. Cook in the oven at 180 degrees celcius for 40 minutes or until golden.
HOW TO SERVE
1. Let the pie rest and cool for up to ten minutes, then slice into triangular serves and place on a wooden board
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Subscribe to my #YouTube channel! http://bit.ly/SubscribetoVP
Follow me on:
Instagram @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution” http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
COOKING WITH MY FAMILY PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/cookingwithmyfamily
ANTIPASTO RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/antipastorecipesplaylist
PASTA RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/pastarecipesplaylist
PIZZA RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/pizzarecipesplaylist
MAIN COURSE RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/maincourseplaylist
DESSERT RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/dessertrecipesplaylist
ITALIAN BBQ RECIPES PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/bbqrecipesplaylist
ITALIAN COCKTAILS PLAYLIST: http://bit.ly/italiancokctailsplaylist
Video edited by Roberto Morelli
Music: Courtesy of Audio Network http://www.audionetwork.com
Vincenzo’s Plate is a You Tube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one video recipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering Italian Food Recipes right out of your very own kitchen, whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
Re-Watch the Spinach Ricotta Pie video recipe: https://youtu.be/0WpMybFvHwg