1 onion, finely chopped
4 lbs potatoes, thinly sliced
1/3 cup vegan butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups nondairy milk
2 cups vegan chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
black pepper to taste
paprika (optional to sprinkle overtop)
1 cup vegan cheese, for sprinkling on top
Preheat oven to 375 F.
1. In a pot on medium heat, cook the onions in a drizzle of oil until translucent.
2. Add onions and potatoes to a greased baking pan and stir to combine.
3. Place the pot back on the stove and add the vegan butter. Heat on medium heat until melted. Sprinkle the flour overtop, then whisk to combine. let it cook for about 30 seconds to get rid of the raw flour taste.
4. Slowly add splashed of nondairy milk, whisking until smooth each time to create a thick sauce. Repeat with the broth.
5. Add the salt, nutritional yeast and pepper and whisk to combine. Then pour over the potatoes, using a spoon to smooth out the top and allow the sauce to get through the cracks to the bottom. Sprinkle with paprika (if using).
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Then, add the cheese and bake another 15 minutes until melted and bubbling.
7. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
♡ LETS BE FRIENDS:
Website & Blog : https://itslivb.com
Lifestyle channel: http://goo.gl/nFfTEs
♡ CAMERA: Canon 80D
♡ EMAIL (Business only): email@example.com
♡ MUSIC: epidemicsound.com
♡ FTC: not sponsored.