To get notified about new video uploads, subscribe to Well+Good’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Wellandgood
This vegetarian bolognese recipe will have you fooled because it is 100% meat-free. Tanya Zuckerbrot of F-Factor is taking us through this absolutely delicious, nutritious, and easy recipe. It’s a perfect lunch or dinner recipe for any day of the week, and only takes 30 minutes to make. Watch this episode of Cook With Us to see how she does it, and check out the full recipe below! #vegetarianbolognese #healthydinnerrecipe #wellandgood
VEGETARIAN BOLOGNESE RECIPE:
12 oz shiitake or Cremini mushrooms (stem removed)
2 Tbl. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 carrots, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ cup dry red wine
3 cups riced cauliflower
2 Tbl. Tomato paste
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 cup almond milk
1 lb whole wheat pasta (rigatoni, ziti)
2 oz. grated Parmesan plus more for garnish
Fresh basil to garnish
1. Pulse mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl.
2. Heat 2 Tbl. Olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
3. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Add onion, celery, carrots and cook until onions are golden brown. Add garlic stirring occasionally until softened.
4. Add red wine and cook until all the alcohol has evaporated.
5. Add Cauliflower and cook until softened (approximately 5 min).
6. Add tomato paste and cook a until slightly darkened.
7. Add crushed tomato, oregano, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
8. Uncover sauce, add almond milk and stir to combine.
9. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water stirring occasionally until al dente.
10. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pasta to a pot with sauce and stir to combine.
11. Add Parmesan cheese to pot and stir.
12. Divide pasta among six bowls and top with more parmesan cheese and basil. Serve.
Be sure to follow Tanya on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/tanyazuckerbrot/
Subscribe to Well+Good’s channel for more nutrition tips and healthy recipes: https://www.youtube.com/c/Wellandgood
Want more healthy recipes? Check out more episodes of Cook With Us here:
Beet bourguignon recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XszETW6q9go
Pickled chickpea tsukemen recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFWOgbCMqyI
Kale caesar salad recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXvGEkr2XEs
From the beginning, Well+Good launched as the premier lifestyle and news publication devoted to the wellness scene—and its chic lifestyle components. Created by two journalists—and joined by many more—Well+Good is known for its impeccable reporting and trend-spotting on the healthy living beat. Well+Good has become the leading source of intel on boutique fitness and the juice industry, plus cutting-edge nutrition, natural beauty, and more. Well+Good is your healthiest relationship.
You can find Well+Good here:
Site 🖥️: https://www.wellandgood.com
Instagram 📸: https://www.instagram.com/iamwellandg…
Facebook 👍: https://www.facebook.com/iamwellandgood
Twitter 🐤: https://twitter.com/iamwellandgood
Pinterest 📌: https://www.pinterest.com/iamwellandgood/
What do I substitute the red wine with if I don’t want to add red wine as I’m pregnant?
The worst cooking video i have seen..
"i can start to see my onions.."
Yeah, i keep looking at you instead of seeing what i want to see.. Yes, the food cooking.. Thats where the FOCUS should be.. Not on the person cooking. You tell me how you can see the caramelization.. Good for you.. I am at 5min and have not seen it yet.
How suitable do you think this would be for freezing? Loved the recipe; didn't disappoint!
Parmesan Cheese is not Vegetarian, that's why you used Almond Milk instead of Dairy Milk!
What kind of mushrooms did you use? And were they dried?
I cannot locate the written recipe. I see you told another poster to click the arrow next to title, but I do not see an arrow.
That was really good! Thank you!
How do I get the written recipe?
5 stars!! Just beautiful, can’t wait to try it:)
Looks yummy! I have never heard of putting milk into Bolognese sauce. Might try it.
awesome video you deserve more views